Silhouettes

Based on the mood board and Maya model provided, I tried to go for bulkier, more angled designs and avoided rounder, organic shapes. I also went for a top-down view, going off the idea of it being a game like Galaga, where the player would be viewing the ship from above.

I did all of the work in Photoshop. Using the symmetry tool was incredibly helpful in making sure the design made sense. I varied the angle of the wings and varied the sleekness or bulk between designs to make them more distinct. Designing actual, practical ships wasn't big in my mind so much as going off the ideas of the ships on the mood board and other classic ship designs I've seen in media before.

All in all, it was a nice practice. I'm big on silhouettes, not so much ships, so it combined a strength and a weakness for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment